38 Special 90 gr FTX Critical Defense Lite
Since their inception, conventional hollow point pistol bullets have performed well, but have never delivered 100% reliability, especially in self-defense situations. The patented Flex Tip technology used in Critical Defense ammunition eliminates the clogging and inconsistency that often plagues hollow point bullets. Hornady achieved this by using the same tip material used in LEVERevolution ammunition.
All Critical Defense ammunition is loaded in nickel-plated cases for increased visibility in low-light situations. Premium low flash propellants deliver proven performance, even in very short-barreled handguns, and won't disrupt your vision. Reliable expansion and dependable terminal performance can be counted on for concealed carry and personal protection.
- CARTRIDGE: 38 Special
- BULLET: 90 Grain FTX
- PRODUCT LINE: Critical Defense
- SECTIONAL DENSITY: .101
- BALLISTIC COEFFICIENT:.095(G1)
- APPLICATION: Personal Defense
- SOLD BY THE BOX: 25 ROUNDS PER BOX
- Hornady Bullets - The patented FTX® bullet expands reliably and resists clogging when fired through heavy clothing.
- Defense Centered Design - Critical Defense® ammunition was developed to provide the best performance for defensive or personal protection situations and is the ultimate choice for any short barreled, concealed carry style firearm. Bright nickel-plated cartridge cases simplify chamber checks in reduced light, and low-flash propellants help preserve night vision
- Dependendable - Details such as nickel-plated cases that resist corrosion and optimized propellants that burn quickly to reduce recoil and limit muzzle flash, help ensure that Critical Defense® ammo is dependable in every situation.
NOTICE: Temporary suspension of nickel-plated cartridge cases for Critical Defense Handgun Ammunition 5/25/21
Unfortunately, everyone is faced with production bottlenecks and supply chains are stressed. In particular, the freight system is delayed longer than normal. Our current turnaround time on nickel plating cartridge cases is 4+ weeks. This delay has created a significant bottleneck in the production of ammunition.
Due to these issues, we will suspend nickel plating on all Critical Defense handgun ammunition to help reduce production time.
Please note, this is a temporary suspension. We will review in six months and plan to resume nickel plating when things return to normal.
Laws regarding the sale of ammunition are constantly evolving. As the consumer, it is important for you to be aware of federal, state, and local regulations regarding the online purchasing of ammunition. Prior to ordering ammunition online, we encourage you to familiarize yourself with current regulations in your state.
Please review the Rogers Sporting Goods Ammunition Sales Policies and Regulations.