Guided Sharpening System
The Work Sharp® Guided Sharpening System™ is a complete benchtop sharpening solution for every knife and you own. The Guided Sharpening System™ (GSS) is Work Sharp®’s complete benchtop sharpening and honing system. The GSS was created with both novice and master sharpeners in mind, and can be used to sharpen every knife you own. The innovative Pivot-Response™ system follows the curve of the blade while sharpening, putting a sharp edge along the entire length of the blade. The skill is built into the tool. No jigs. No clamps. No nonsense. Use the Guided Sharpening System™ to put a perfect edge on your pocket, hunting, and kitchen knives – as well as serrations, fish hooks, and tools – while mastering your manual sharpening skills. Experienced sharpeners will appreciate the thought-out features that make this a versatile and complete knife and tool sharpening system. With the Guided Sharpening System™, you have the choice of how you want to sharpen a knife, based on your skill level and the type of blade you want to sharpen. The Pivot-Response™ table can be locked-out, creating a traditional sharpening surface for straight blades, or engaged to evenly sharpen curved blades – without changing the sharpening motion. If you are new to sharpening or haven’t had success with sharpening stones, activating the Pivot-Response™ will do the work for you. It puts the skill in the tool and makes manual sharpening easy. One of the most challenging aspects of sharpening with flat stones is achieving a consistently sharp edge along the entire length of the blade. The proper angle must be maintained during the entire sharpening process. While straight blades require a simple push along the abrasive, curved blades must rotate along the profile while maintaining the proper sharpening angle. The technique is difficult and time consuming to master. Pivot-Response puts the skill into the Guided Sharpening System, allowing you to use the same, simple, straight-blade technique with curved blades. There’s no need to master a different technique for different blade profiles or use the complicated jigs and elaborate clamping systems found on other sharpeners. Pivot-Response can also be locked out, creating a traditional rigid sharpening stone surface.
- Curved blades, straight blades, serrations, tools, hooks, and fine points are all ideal for the Guided Sharpening System™ with Pivot-Response™ table.
- The Guided Sharpening System™ includes two angle guides (17° and 20°) to ensure your knife has the right edge. There are even more angle options in our expansion pack.
- Two included diamond plates (with two optional add-ons), two ceramic hone grits, and three ceramic sizes enable you to customize the Guided Sharpening System™ to the job at hand, from repairing a chipped blade to putting the final edge on your blade.
In the Box
- Guided Sharpening System™ with Pivot-Response™
- 320 Coarse Diamond Plate
- 600 Fine Grit Diamond Plate
- 17° / 20° Angle Guides (2)
- Ceramic Field Hone
- Quick Start Guide
- Users Guide